I Jumped on The Fabletics Bandwagon, And This Was My Experience

Anyone else a sucker for Social Media ads?

I'd like to start this by saying that I stood firm for a solid two years (record-breaking, really. My Instagram feed was FULL of women clad in Fabletics leggings, and there was even a girl I was following on Snapchat who was pretty much an unpaid spokeswoman for the brand.

It was everywhere.

But I like to spend my money on things like food and hair products (have I ever mentioned that I'm a product junkie?) so I told myself that I would NOT be buying into this brand because I didn't want to commit to yet another subscription. (As  side note, y'all should know that I have a Stitch Fix, Adore Me, AND FabFitFun subscription...it's bad).

Well, obviously I wouldn't be writing this post if I'd stuck to my guns, right? So as you have probably guessed by now, I caved. Honestly, it was my husband's fault, because he kept talking smack about how I'd had the same workout clothes for years and that it was time for me to upgrade and blah blah blah (bit of a bully, that man I married). I followed a link on my Instagram feed to get 2 leggings for $24 ...and of course ordered way more than 2 leggings HAHA

What I Got

In addition to the two pairs of leggings, I ordered:

-2 sports bras
-1 knot-front hoodie (Because Demi Lovato made me think I needed it)
-1 lace-back crop top
-Fabletics shoes

(I put together this collage of the pieces from the website)

How it Fit 

One of the biggest claims that this company boasts about is the fact that the leggings don't roll down while you're working out, or ride up high around your ankles (i.e. they're long and stretchy enough that you don't have to keep adjusting every time you move around).

I'm here to tell y'all that this is the absolute TRUTH! The leggings were each a different type of material (more on that in a minute). The blue pair fit like second skin, and the pink pair sucked everything in so beautifully that I was like "pansa who??" I have worked out in both pairs multiple times, washed them over and over again and they still fit exactly the same. 

The bras I got were medium impact but I do high-impact workouts in them with no issues (mind you, I'm also a new member of the IBTC...use your 7th grade brain...so most bras fit me without a problem now)

The crop top is amazing but definitely requires a bra (unless you have a super perky set, then you should be fine)

The ONLY part I didn't love was the shoes. They look great with the outfits and they're super lightweight, but they aren't a sturdy enough quality to work out in. You can definitely buy a few pair to match your outfits though (they were only $24), just don't expect to do anything other than look cute in them (gotta keep it real).

(See it in action! My Instagram is full of videos of me working out in this gear, and not a roll in sight!)

How The VIP Program Works 

If you've ever been a member of a subscription service, you have a general idea of how this works. 

-Sign up with your email
-Take a quiz about your style and fit preferences
-Get monthly outfits chosen specially for you
-Get discounts on all merchandise

The way it works for Fabletics, specifically, is that you get:
-Up to 50% off all merchandise
-Free shipping on orders of $49.95 or more (this is what a typical monthly outfit will cost)
-45 days to return or exchange any items 
-Shop (pay $49.95) or skip (pay $0) by the 6th of every month. If you don't do anything, then you'll be charged $49.95 on the 6th of the month and that can be used as credit whenever you want. 

NOW if you're a commitment-phobe and you don't want to sign up for anything, you can go to the Fabletics website and just buy an outfit BUT you'd have to pay full price, plus shipping. And really, if you're going to buy something anyway, you might as well sign up for the VIP membership. You can do like I did and set actual calendar reminders to go in and skip for the month (I do this with all of my subscription services)

Who It's For

EVERYBODY! At the start of the summer, Fabletics launched a men's line with none other than my favorite comedian, Kevin Hart, as the sponsor. 

There's also a very wide range of size, fit and support options. You get to pick the level of support of the bra that's part of your outfit, sizes range from XXS-4X, and you can pick the material/support of the leggings. 

For example, the blue pair that I got were the original leggings, and the pink pair were a fabric called PowerHold, which does EXACTLY what that name implies: nothing. moves. There are 8 different fabrics to choose from, so there is a lot of versatility, which means that most people can find a fit and style that works for them. 

Wanna Try it For Yourself?

Sign up for the VIP membership by clicking HERE. (I feel obligated to tell you that by signing up you are supporting my online shopping habit HAHA! Really, though, I get a credit for every friend I refer...and so will you after you start spreading the word!)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cleansing Your Oily Skin...With Oil??

The Lies I Was Told About The Causes of Acne

Here's The Thing About Us "Difficult" Women...